Dilwara Temple - A Spectacle build by Heart
Dilwara Temple will mesmerize you and take its place forever in your heart.
Honestly, I had no idea about what Dilwara Temple truly is! I was planning for a Mount Abu trip for the last 2 years and finally I got the chance this month. The idea of a hill station in Rajasthan always intrigued me and I was very eager to visit the place. A few days before my trip, one of my friends asked me, "What's there in Mount Abu?" I could not answer him properly then.But now I know the answer. It is definitely Dilwara Temple.
This is the most unmissable attraction Mount Abu has to offer. From its architecture to its history, everything speaks a lot about the capability of human mind and body. Some people say it is more superior than the Taj Mahal, and you cannot say they are entirely wrong. The details carved in stone speak to the testimony of its superiority.
Dilwara Temple - A Hidden Spectacle
When you see the temple from the road, you can never guess what lies inside the high walls. We had to submit all electronic equipment including mobile phones and cameras. Which bummed me out a bit as I was still not aware of whats inside. There were no tickets to buy which, I thought, was weird for a place "this famous".The moment you enter the premises, you start to feel it. And when you reach the second temple, you are completely taken aback. The guide kept speaking and speaking, but I was just looking at the spectacle. Marble was carved in such detailed and intricate manner, it looked like wax. And it was everywhere. From the steps to the chandeliers, every piece of stone had some design or carving on them. The guide wanted us to move to the next temple, but I just wanted to sit there. At that moment, I just realized, its a good thing they took our cameras, otherwise I would have not enjoyed what surrounded me. Every temple had this mesmerizing marble work, but the second temple, Vimal Vasahi Temple, is probably the grandest.
Dilwara Temple - By Heart, From Heart
Dilwara temple got its name buy the last temple of the guided tour. The story our guide, who was also a priest of the temple, said was-"The last temple is the biggest temple (3-stories) of the compound. This temple was not built by any king or his minister. This temple was build by the poor architects and construction workers by using wasted marble pieces from the other temples. They built the temple in the time allotted for their rest and meals. This stands as proof of the big hearts of the working class people, and from which the temple and place got its name. Dilwara is derived from 'Dil (heart) bara (big)'."
Now, I cannot corroborate the authenticity of this narration. But, this "big heart" feel was evident. As I mentioned above, there were no entrance tickets. The thing is, there are no restrictions in your visit at all. You can enter the temple premises as many times you want, with or without guide. And what you get, is no less than the most famous architectures of India. I intentionally haven't added any pictures of the temple premises from Google as one should visit Dilwara Temple to feel it. And of course, I don't have any pictures of my own!
Comments
Post a Comment